This chocolate cake is simply irresistible… perfectly moist with just the right amount of richness.
Perfect for anything!! 🙂
Makes 2 cakes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 cup butter milk or milk curdled with 1 tsp of vinegar
- 1 cup coke
- ¾ cup oil
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp of soda bicarbonate or meetha soda
- Approximately 80 gms of cocoa( depending on the richness of the cake) not more than 100 gms
- 3 eggs
- Nuts like pecans, walnuts or almonds (optional)
- Beat the eggs and the sugar together thoroughly.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, soda bicarbonate and cocoa in another bowl
- Fold in the sieved mixture with the eggs
- Now add oil, milk and coke and mix gently but thoroughly. Now add nuts if using.
- Pour in a prepared cake tin and bake on 180 degree Celsius for 30-40 minutes or in a microwave for 4-5 minutes or more but be sure to use a microwavable tin for it!
- Bake till a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean
- Take it out of the oven. Remove from the tin after 10 minutes or when warm to touch
- Keep for cooling on a wire rack and prepare the Ganache if you want to make it a yummy chocolate truffle cake or enjoy as it is!!
A very simple but decadent frosting for yummy chocolate truffle cakes to ice cream sundaes.
Sure to make everything yummy! 😀
- Semi – Sweet chocolate or 50 % cocoa ( in pieces or chocolate chips) *
I would recommend semi sweet or dark chocolate because it’s easier to work with than milk or white chocolate.
2.Full fat whipping Cream*
3.And my little touch adding 2 teaspoons of butter to make it glossy…
*The quantities depend on the amount you are making but usually we use the ratio 2:1
- Start by putting the cream in a sauce pan, on a medium high heat , bringing the cream just to a boil and the immediately switching it off.
- Next, add the hot cream to the chocolate pieces and let it sit for at least 10 minutes before stirring with a whisk.
- After the chocolate has melted, completely dissolve the chocolate in the cream now add your butter, mix it, and put it in the fridge to set for at least half an hour before piping it on, keep stirring it in gaps of 10 minutes in th frigde. If You want a runny consistency you can use it right there and then cooling just for a bit. You can adjust the time, the thicker you want it the more time you put it in for.
- For the perfect pipe able consistency keep it in for 30-45 minutes. If it’s still not done keep it for a little more while
- Spread on your cake or drizzle on your ice cream sundae the Ganache is sure to be a treat as it goes with anything!!..
HAPPY BAKETIMES!!! 🙂