These tips and tricks would definitely help beginners get out of cake trouble and make this stress relieving activity more easy, interesting and fun…
Some of these tips and tricks have been taken up from different websites like buzzfeed, several baking blogs and a few of them are from my own experience
- No need to buy icing sugar /confectionery sugar from the market. You can easily grind normal sugar with a little bit of corn flour (to prevent it from clumping overtime) and sift it. Easy icing sugar as good as packaged ones.
- You can switch oil to butter in box cakes to make them richer and to take them to the next level.
- Prevent having a hump on the cake when you have to frost it by tying a wet towel around the cake pan before putting it in the oven. The coolness of the towel will help it cook more evenly
- If you have run out of the ingredients you need to put in a box cake, simply replace all the ingredients with coke and it will be perfect. Coke for chocolate cake and sprite for vanilla cake…
- Make your own edible glitter by mixing food colouring in sugar. Voila!
- To get an egg shell out of the egg wet a finger and take it out. It will stick to your finger and come out.
- To get the perfect texture for cakes and cookies, drop the pan like it’s hot before putting it in the oven
- You can also make your own cupcake liners using parchment paper.
- You can make a piping bag out of ziplock bags
- Fill your frosting bag more easily by folding it over a cup and then scooping the frosting in
- Get softened butter in seconds without melting it by putting it under a warm glass
- Make your own turntable for frosting cakes. all you got to do is take a bowl (which can spin of course) and put a clean plate on it ,put your cake on top and start icing. Round and round it goes….
- Try to invest in good quality ingredients. The better the ingredients, the better the cake!
- Ready all the ingredients before you begin. Line them up in front of you all measured up to avoid last minute disasters and runs to the market.
- Use a clean empty disposable plastic bottle to separate the eggs. Place the bottle opening over the yolk, push the bottle and let it go the air pressure will suck the egg yolk.
I hope these tricks and tips will help you to make your Baketimes more easy & fun.
Happy Baketimes! 🙂